On-site survey: 47 days
Drawings processing: 60 days
Method: EDM for interior , 3D Scanning for External
About the building
The Royal Waterloo Hospital was founded in 1816 as a dispensary for children in the City of London. The institution moved to this site, on the corner of Waterloo Bridge Road and Stamford Street in Lambeth, in 1823. Its name was altered in 1852 to the Royal Infirmary for Children and Women, on receipt of an annual bequest on condition that the hospital admitted inpatients and treated women. The current Lombardic Renaissance-style hospital dates from a rebuilding of 1903-5. It features a Doulton-ware porch from the local ceramic manufactory, and the three-tiered terracotta loggia bears characterful lettering announcing the title and purpose of the institution.
Listed in English Heritage – Grade II in 1980