3D Laser Scanning
GLA is at the cutting edge of 3D laser scanning as it brings an unprecedented amount of benefits.
We are well equipped and placed to deliver on this service and go beyond our clients expectations.
We use the latest 3D laser scanning instruments which collect millions of measurements in three dimensions called point clouds. The results is an organized 3D digital representation of a subject, which is delivered quickly, efficiently and accurately.
From the point clouds we can extract 2D drawings, 3D models or Building Information Modelling (BIM) deliverables.
The versatility of 3D laser scanning combined with our ability to handle complex environments means we can deliver accurate measurements for a wide range of applications.
- Rapid site data collection – 1,000,000 points per second
- Accurate information – each point accurate to +/- 3mm
- Completeness of data – all information in the scan view is collected in just one visit
- Reduces risk and safety constraints – allows remote surveys at hazardous sites or reduces repeated returns to restricted locations
- Depending on the project data can be produced when the client needs the relevant information.
TruView™ enables the user to be part of a visual tour of the scanned site. Its real-time measurement tools allow each user to pan, zoom and investigate the area from the comfort of a workstation. The benefits are endless and reduces the amount of site visits giving our client a greater interpretation and information of the project.